Now Live and Streaming on the Website
Stretching the Circle:
Mastering the Basics of Mold Making and Slip Casting
15 streaming tutorial videos on the basics of design, making prototypes,
fabricating one-piece and two-piece molds, the basics of understanding casting slip, and casting the new molds.
Free 30 minute Skype consultation with Andrew Martin
for the first 25 subscribers
20% Introductory Discount
Individual Regular Price $250 - Now $200
Institutional Regular Price $450- Now $360
(For schools, organizations, and multiple use)
- Tools Basics for Design, Mold Making and Slip Casting
- Design Basics. Part 1 of 3 videos on design. How to use simple paper cut out shapes to develop new forms, including a primer introducing design language and process of design. 31 Minutes.
- Template Basics. Pat 1 of 3 on fabricating prototype armatures for prototypes from paper cut out shapes
- Plaster Basics - calculation, mixing, pouring, frosting, and frost & pour combination molds.
- Project 1: Making a tumbler prototype using one template
- Project 2: Making two different bowl prototypes using one template shape
- Project 3: Making a plate prototype with two template shapes
- Project 4: Make a plaster prototype by filling a sculpted 'hole' with plaster
- Project 5: Make a plaster prototype by sculpting wet plaster- two example
- Project 6: Sawing plaster to create a prototype for a bowl
- Project 7: Make a cup with a recessed foot and a two-piece handle mold
- Project 8: Make a prototype and an a mold from an existing plastic cup
- Project 9: Make a mold for a solid-cast tile
- Project 10: Make a two-piece mold with a separate base for a large bowl
- Project 11: Duplicating a plate mold for production
- 15 steaming video tutorials, 11 of these are projects
- Assignments and suggestions of forms to make with each project
- Regular video webinars with Andrew Martin.
Click here for more details of what you will learn in "Stretching the Circle"